Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I'm not a fast knitter.  I'm even slower at sewing.  But someone in our house always has some kind of craft in progress and I have found over the years I've been blogging that having a weekly rhythm of posting some sort of work in progress (WIP) helps give me incentive to keep the creativity flowering.  Oops, typo.  I like it though.  Keeps it flowing too.  Sharing even the tiny bit of progress and seeing the progress others are making in their own creative ventures is inspiring.  So I hope you'll share too.

So I'm sharing.  And I'm really hope that as part of this weekly rhythm I won't have the same WIP to share next week and will have moved on to a new project!

My first WIP is a knitting project.  My hands are often cold when I'm writing, particularly since these days I'm running daily IV fluids through a PICC line due to a pregnancy condition I have called Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG).  Sometimes I feel like living in Houston there really isn't much of a need for knit woolies but right now I need something.  This past weekend, tired of the aching cold fingers, I cast on with a yarn I've been holding onto for a long time waiting for the perfect project.  The yarn is Becoming Art's Neverland colorway, a favorite of mine, on Cielo worsted, a superwash merino.  It's divinely soft and smooth without fuzz, perfect for these fingerless gloves.  The stitch pattern for these is inspired by these Leyburn Socks and I love it so much I'm contemplating a matching slouchy hat inspired by the gloves, inspired by the socks.  You can never have too many hats, even in Houston, right?





Next up is a multimedia piece of art for my younger girls' room.  I had help starting it and snapped this when I set it aside to dry.


I don't have a photo but next week I'll be sure to get one, a month ago I started a nap matt for Evangeline to have at her class.  It's been sitting for a month.  Hopefully it this will motivate me to tackle it again and get it done so she actually has something to lay on during peaceful quiet time at school.

Also lacking photos but my kids have started elving.  Secretly, or not so secretly, crafting bits and pieces to sneak under the tree for a sister, mom or dad, a friend, or teacher.  I love seeing their creativity bloom as they embrace the joy of giving handmade gifts to their loved ones.

So what are you working on?  Share your WIPs in the comments, we'd love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment